Retirees may continue Life coverage until the end of the month in which the participant reaches age 70.
COBRA participants may continue Life coverage for 18 months or until the end of the month in which the participant reaches age 70, whichever occurs first.
NEW RETIREE AND COBRA PARTICIPANTS
- Have 60 days from the date active coverage would end to elect life insurance continuation coverage.
- Dependent life insurance cannot be continued.
- To enroll, complete the Retiree Enrollment Form or COBRA Enrollment Form.
EXISTING RETIREE AND COBRA PARTICIPANTS
Complete the Life Enrollment Form to:
- Update your beneficiary(ies);
- Decrease life coverage; or
- Cancel coverage.
Members cannot add or increase life insurance continuation coverage.