- The FY15 flu vaccination schedule will be available in October 2014.
Attend a free Flu Vaccination Clinic. The South Dakota State Employee Benefits Program will again offer free seasonal flu vaccinations at designated State sponsored locations. The Centers for Disease Control recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older can benefit from annual influenza vaccination.
Flu Vaccinations are offered to the following groups covered by the health plan:
- State employees,
- Covered spouses
- Dependent children (of any age)
- Retirees/COBRA members under age 65
Bring your State Health Insurance ID card with you.
If you are unable to attend one of the scheduled Flu Vaccination Clinics call our local DOH Offices and make an appointment to receive your flu shot. A listing of our offices is available at http://doh.sd.gov/local-offices/community-health-wic/
Flu vaccinations are safe and the best way to protect yourself from flu; by getting immunized you are also protecting more vulnerable individuals such as infants and the elderly who are very susceptible to serious illness from influenza.
Influenza is a viral respiratory illness marked by the sudden onset of fever, headache, extreme tiredness, dry cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, and muscle aches. It spreads when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks, sending the highly contagious virus into the air. Learn more at http://flu.sd.gov.
Please note that anyone with an egg allergy will be referred to their medical provider. A medical clinic is better equipped to handle a serious allergic reaction to the flu vaccine.
- To access the Latitude Wellness Portal, click here.
- Join First Lady Linda Daugaard in the Get Movin' Take the 125 Miles for Health Challenge. To view the schedule of walks hosted by the First Lady, click here.
- Don't forget about the Latitude Employee Assistance Program (LEAP). To learn more, click here and enter company code southdakota.