Latitude Employee Assistance Program (LEAP)
The Latitude Employee Assistance Program (LEAP), is sponsored by the South Dakota State Employee Benefits Program, and provided by APS Healthcare, as a free service offered to benefit eligible employees and dependents. Employees and dependents need to be benefit eligible but do not need to be enrolled in the South Dakota State Employee Health Plan to use LEAP.
Life Events happen when you least expect it:
- A sick child pulls you out of work for a day
- Sudden illness or loss of a loved one
- An argument with a co-worker or family member
- A new baby
- An upcoming marriage
- Your parents are "getting old"
- Problems in your relationship or pending divorce
Life Events just HAPPEN. You can’t predict them, you can’t plan for them, and they add stress and anxiety and may cause you to lose the ability to “deal with it”. But, you CAN get help.
Did you know that with a phone call or click of a mouse, you can get assistance from a professional? Whatever the issue, Latitude Employee Assistance Program (LEAP) can assist you in creating solutions that will allow you to be healthier, happier, and more productive. LEAP is available at no cost to you and your dependents 24 hours a day/365 days per year.
- Counseling Services
- Telephonic support by Masters and PhD level counselors for crises and emergencies
- Telephonic support to arrange for in-person counseling
- Up to 5 in-person counseling sessions (per incident per fiscal year) for a range of personal issues, depression, work-family balance, and substance abuse concerns. Counseling is: Confidential - no need to file claims
- Free - available at no cost to members and covered dependents
- Timely & Convenient - appointments with a licensed counselor are available, close to where you work or live, within 3 to 5 days and even sooner if an urgent situation arises
To learn more about LEAP or to request services, call 800-713-6288 or visit www.apshelplink.com and enter company code southdakota.
- To access the Latitude Wellness Portal, click here.
- Join First Lady Linda Daugaard in the Get Movin' Take the 125 Miles for Health Challenge. To view the schedule of walks hosted by the First Lady, click here.
- Don't forget about the Latitude Employee Assistance Program (LEAP). To learn more, click here and enter company code southdakota.